You’re a cowboy and you love horses, cows, and wide-open spaces. We get it. The desire to kick a leg over a horse and chase a cow are born into every part of you, from your boots, up your chap covered legs, pearl snapped shirt, and right on past that rugged beard to the top of that dusty, old hat.
We also believe that this desire was put in you from above, for a real and very distinct reason.
Here are some Bible verses that ring true for the cowboy in you.
Bible Verses Every Cowboy Should Know
Sometimes one of the hardest parts about being a cowboy…well, just being human, is to remain humble. To remember Who is truly the One to boast in is hard. As a cowboy, there is so much hard work and skills accomplished. It can be difficult to remember where it comes from and the purpose of it all.
- “Some boast in chariots and some in horses, But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God.” Psalm 20:7
Don’t ever forget that your skills and all your hard work are for the glory of the Lord your God.
The horse is beautiful and fearless…well, usually, unless it’s skeered of every bag and sagebrush shadow that might come along. But when you find that horse that you can’t wait to slide down into the seat and ride off on, it touches a deep and wild part of your soul.
2. “Are you the one who gave the horse his prowess and adorned him with a shimmering mane? Did you create him to prance proudly and strike terror with his royal snorts? He paws the ground fiercely, eager and spirited, then charges into the fray. He laughs at danger, fearless, doesn’t shy away…He quivers with excitement, and at the trumpet blast races off at a gallop.” Job 39:19-25
The horse you ride is as passionate, fearless, and spirited as you are. Own that rugged part of your soul and bravely fight for truth, THE truth that will set anyone captive, free.
There is an action hero in all of us. We all look up to someone as our hero. Of all the majestic and magnificent creatures He created, Jesus, the hero of hero’s, chose a white horse.
3. “And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness, He judges and wages war.” Revelation 19:11
A cowboy is made in the image of the hero of hero’s. You have His mind, His heart, and His way etched into every crevice of your heart.
There wouldn’t be a cowboy without the cow. Through calving, branding, shipping, and year-long maintenance, these animals provide the necessary jobs for the cowboys to stay employed and mounted on their horses.
4. “For every beast of the forest is Mine, the cattle on a thousand hills.” Psalm 50:10
As you push that herd of bellowing mama cows to the next pasture, remember, your worth is not in those cows. Your worth is in the One who owns every beast and cattle on a thousand hills.
“Cattle in the stalls” or not, the Lord your God will provide for you. He has. He does. He will. Praise His name, regardless of any situation surrounding you.
A cowboy does so much for the American people. Don’t believe me? Read what the American cowboy does for you.
6. “He (God) causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and vegetation for the service of man, that He may bring forth food from the earth.” Psalm 104:14
You are God’s agent to help carry out His provision for the people of this land. A cowboy is a part of the process of providing food and is a necessary part of the economy God put together long ago.
You are a sexual being. But do not awaken love before its time. When it has been awoken in its proper timing, guard that love with every fiber of your passionate, fearless, and spirited being.
Our God is a god of delight and joy. We can learn to laugh and even throw in a clean and lighthearted joke about barrel racers:
8. “‘ In that day,’ says the Lord, ‘I will strike every horse with confusion, and its rider with madness;'” Zechariah 12:4
Remain joyful in all circumstances. Keep a light heart full of love and laughter, despite the perceived need to preserve the gruff, tough exterior.
Encouragement for calving season: Ways to Stay Spiritually Connected During Calving Season
Do you work on the un-cowboy outfit? Tips on how to make the best of the situation: Cowboy Etiquette: working on an un-cowboy outfit
Seriously, our free resource page is worth looking into. It has a great selection of tips and checklists that have helped me out greatly. This page is password protected and is updated almost weekly! How much better can it get?? 😉 Sign up below! Happy learning!
Get access to 25+ resources to help you gain confidence, save time, stay organized, and restore hope. Your password protected page will be updated on an almost weekly basis and weekly emails from A Life of Heritage will keep you in the know. 🙂 We want to bless YOU with this information!
All you have to do is:
- Sign up below
- Find your confirmation email (in inbox or junk/spam folder) and confirm subscription
- The Welcome email will hold all the details and password for logging in to your resource page
- Add [email protected] to your contacts to ensure that you receive future emails and updates to our resource page
I also would love to know what would help you. What can we add to our resource page to make your life that much easier? Email me your ideas: [email protected]
If you would like a sneak peek into our resource page: