I really don’t know how to say it any other way. I use pallets for almost everything…if I can.
So, why? Why use pallets around your home and homestead?
I’m glad you asked 🙂
Why I use pallets for everything
The number one reason I use pallets is that, well, usually, they are free! FREE! How can you beat free?? Ok, they may be a little damaged, but that’s ok! They are free!
The number two reason I use pallets is that the boards have character. They have a beautiful and wide array of colors and so much opportunity for greatness.
And these are the ways so far that I’ve put my pallets to good use:
- They can be used in many ways around the homestead.
- They are a splendid and ready-to-go fencing option. Like the pallet fence we use.
- There is a great and easy way to turn them into a shelter for small livestock. Like the shelters I made for my goats.
- They can be used for windbreaks
- A pallet milking stand is useful for milking goats
- I use them for raised beds in my garden
- When you add wire to one side and stand them on end, they make a great climbing area for peas and other vegetables.
- You can use them to redecorate your home in countless ways. There are endless ways you can turn beautiful, old wood into wonderful and useful pieces of art and furniture.
- Need a cabinet by the fridge?
- Or a cabinet to store more stuff, or in my case, hide more stuff?
- And pallet walls are beautiful!
- This bed was re-purposed to fit in more with the room’s decor
- And these pallet shutters help keep out the southern, afternoon sun
- Pallets can be used for so many fun things outside! I have an entire list for a fun play area for my kids and I’ll probably use lots of pallets for each project.
And these are just a few of the ways I’ve begun using pallets. I keep finding new and useful ways to utilize this resource!
Watch how I take my pallets apart in this video. Happy palleting! 🙂
How have you used pallets around your place and in your home? I would love to see pictures!
If you are on a journey to self-sufficiency, you may be interested in our free resource page for homesteaders. It is password protected and updated weekly. So take a moment and sign up below. You will receive an email shortly and will be able to download and print all the helpful resources. 🙂
Seriously, our free resource page is worth looking into. It has a great selection of tips and checklists that have helped me on my homesteading journey. This page is password protected and is updated weekly! How much better can it get?? 😉 Sign up below! Happy learning!
Get access to 50+ resources to help you gain confidence, save time, stay organized, and restore hope. Your password-protected page will be updated on an almost weekly basis and weekly emails from A Life of Heritage will keep you in the know. 🙂 We want to bless YOU with this information!
All you have to do is:
- Sign up below
- Find your confirmation email (in inbox or junk/spam folder) and confirm subscription
- The Welcome email will hold all the details and password for logging in to your resource page
- Add [email protected] to your contacts to ensure that you receive future emails and updates to our resource page
I also would love to know what would help you. What can we add to our resource page to make your life that much easier? Email me your ideas: [email protected]
If you would like a sneak peek into our resource page: