- 1 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/chunks
- Combine dry ingredients into a small bowl: flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add honey and melted butter and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased 9 inch round cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-23 minutes.
- Toothpick should come out clean. BUT CAREFULLY WATCH COOK TIME! Cooking too long will cause it to be too dry.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Cool cake and add the "As Healthy as it gets Chocolate FROSTING" on top.
Remember not to cook the cake too long!