- 1 Cup Water
- 2 tsp dry active yeast
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 3 Cups flour
- Add 1 cup of warm water (100°F) to a small bowl.
- Add yeast and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and olive oil and stir well.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until the dough is tacky.
- Knead dough for about 5 minutes or until it is smooth.
- Brush dough with olive oil and place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel.
- Allow to raise for about an hour or until double in size.
- Cut the dough into 6-8 pieces.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each piece into a circle and until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the pitas on a skillet that is set to medium-high heat.
- Cook for about 30 seconds or until bubbles start to form.
- Flip the dough over and cook for about 1 minute.
- Flip again and cook for another minute.
- Repeat until all balls are flat and cooked.
- Top with this great recipe: Pulled Pork Gyros
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.