Pollen patties can be an asset to your bees. Learn how to make them here! Find more about bees on our beekeeping resource page.
I have some happy bees now! I just added a pollen patty to each hive! I thought I would share with you how to make pollen patties. Pretty simple, but sometimes seeing it in action helps. I used Bee Pro Pollen Substitute. (Mann Lake FD203 Bee-Pro Pollen Substitute Canister, 1-Pound) This is what Bee-Pro offers your bees:
- High protein pollen substitute which supplies the lipids, mineral and B-complex vitamins honeybees need to produce larval food
- Gives your bees the best nutrients available for the production of larval food
Sounds like a good plan, right? Keeping our bees healthy so they can fight off disease and stay as strong as possible is so important and the larval is the key to your bees future!
The experienced beekeeper who is helping me, gave me some of the Bee Pro that he uses. I know that this powder is tried, true and tested–it has the exact nutrients that my bees need and for that I’m grateful.
There is so much to learn about bees and I’m right there learning with you! The beauty of bees is that you don’t have to know everything about them, you just need to know someone else who knows everything!
Please watch this video to see how I made our pollen patties
I hope this video has helped you and I would love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment below! What did you like most from this video? What did you learn? What do you do differently?
Did you get value from this video?
Thank you so much for watching. I look forward to continuing this journey together in the next video.
PS I would love to hear what your biggest aha and takeaway was, and what was most valuable to you. Please leave me your comment below.
Thank you in advance.
Also, please feel free to sign up for our free resource page. We are continually adding to it and want to bless you with the information. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the information to the password protected page. We will keep you updated with new additions, so add us to your contacts in your email so you never miss a beat! You can find a sign up form below ?
All you have to do is:
- Sign up below
- Find your confirmation email (in inbox or junk/spam folder) and confirm subscription
- The Welcome email will hold all the details and password for logging in to your resource page
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure that you receive future emails and updates to our resource page
Also check out this post on how to install a bee package.